Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Rainy race in Le Mans on Saturday


Unfortunately it was raining last Saturday in Le Mans and for many racers was a difficult battle on wet asphalt. That was the reason of sixth place for The Doctor; witch didn’t succeed yet to align the motorcycle for rainy race.



At the end of the race he said:
“Of course I’m very upset about this result because I had a very good feeling in the dry at the start. We made some good modifications to the bike, it was working very well and I thought I was going to be able to fight for the victory. Unfortunately the weather ruined it for us today! We made the pit stop and started the second part of race with hard rain tyres, because we thought it was only going to be light rain. Sadly we were wrong and when the rain got heavier my tyre was too hard for the conditions and I couldn’t push.I was very slow from then on and didn’t have any grip from the rear. In the last five laps it was quite dangerous as it was very hard to stay upright and I think I lost five or six seconds per lap at the end. We had hoped that this would be a track at which we could gain some ground on Stoner and it’s going to be a very hard battle from here because he is very fast, not just on the straights but everywhere! I want to congratulate Chris Vermeulen today because he rode a great race, I think he’s a bit of a magician in the rain!”

We all hope that the next race will go better.

No comments: